Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fucking penguin


Compiz Fusion » Welcome
Compiz Fusion is the result of a merge between the well-known Beryl composite window manager and Compiz Extras, a community set of improvements to the Compiz composite window manager. Compiz Fusion aims to provide an easy and fun-to-use windowed environment, allowing use of the graphics hardware to render each individual window and the entire screen, to provide some impressive effects, speed and usefulness. The first Compiz Fusion developer release was Compiz Fusion 0.5.2 on August 13th 2007, shortly after Compiz 0.5.2 was released.
I just find it funny that Linux and its many variants are focusing so much on bling rather than actually much needed user function. I've used Ubuntu and Redhat for our servers at work, I even use it for my webserver at home. But one thing that really annoys me is the lack of webcam support and the fact that almost 90% of the time all this bling doesn't even work!

Vista at least performed well on my ATI All-in-wonder 9600 but Ubuntu fucking crapped out!!!! They say its the driver blame it on ATI blah blah, interestingly I tried Sabayon and on the fucking livecd it actually had the uber spinning desktop cube, but after I installed and it, the damn thing said something about direct rendering etc. fuck fuck fuck!!! What the fuck is wrong with this fuck, I spent like my entire evening trying to get this fuck working and nothing!

Linux ready for desktop, yeah probably by the time we send a guy to saturn or something.




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: