Friday, March 9, 2007

FUCK VISTA

I do tech support for friends and as a side job, I was helping a friend last night with her new PC that Windows Vista Home Premium, connect to the internet.

Now I consider myself to be tech savvy enough to configure just about anything on a computer. But wow was I in for a big surprise, vista changed so much from windows xp and even from the beta versions I tested that I just gave up, we could get her computer to connect to the internet through her DSL connection.

The funny thing is, I know that the internet connection is working because her msn messenger works. IE7 nor Firefox would not connect to the internet, when I tried to use vista's diagnostics to check for problems it says none found, when I tried to add a new connection it says that I'm already connected to the internet. But when I try to visit any website it says I'm not connected, the thing that bugs me is yahoo messenger and msn messenger works!!!

Fuck vista the effects looks nifty but they really fucked bad with interface on this one. I guess they were attempting to make the OS easier for new users, but for someone who has used windows half of his life this thing didn't look easy to me.

FUCK YOU VISTA!!!!!

Linux or Mac for me next time I upgrade, and personally I'm going to recommend those two to all my customers now.

No comments: